- Air Conditioning
- Indoor Air Quality
- Other Services
- Service Areas
April 22, 2016
It’s a sweltering day in Rome, NY, and your air conditioning system isn’t helping you stay as cool as you’d like. You’ve checked to make sure windows and doors are shut and that your thermostat is working, but neither of those scenarios are the problem. When your air conditioning system isn’t cooling properly, it’s likely you’ll need AC repair. According to the U.S. Dept. of Energy, there are five main issues that could be causing your unit to not cool your home properly – refrigerant, airflow problems, thermostat issues, drainage problems or a dirty filter.
- If refrigerant is causing the problem, it’s because it’s either low or leaking. When you call Fred F. Collis & Sons in to help with the air conditioning repair needs of your Rome, NY home, we’ll send one of our skilled technicians to repair the leak if there is one, and recharge your AC system with the proper refrigerant.
- If your ducts are leaking or clogged, it could be affecting your air conditioning system’s ability to perform effectively. Fred F. Collis & Sons can help you ensure that the ductwork in your Rome, NY home is clean and properly sealed for optimal airflow.
- Your thermostat can also be the culprit when it comes to AC problems in your Rome, NY home. You can check to ensure that it is set properly and is reading the correct temperature. Today’s programmable thermostats are helpful when it comes to maximizing your comfort and minimizing your energy usage. Call us and we can help you program your thermostat for the best home comfort possible.
- If your drain is clogged, the air conditioning system in your Rome, NY home may not cool properly. Fred F. Collis & Sons’ highly trained technicians can easily discover if this is an issue, and help remedy the problem for you quickly.
- A dirty filter can drastically affect the airflow of the air conditioning system in your Rome, NY home and can make the air that does make it into your home dirty, too. A clogged filter restricts the airflow through your AC unit, and that decreases its effectiveness and efficiency. Luckily, changing the filter is a relatively simple fix that most homeowners can do themselves. Of course, Fred F. Collis can help you if you need it.
Of course, if you system is not working at all, the chances are the fix will not be as simple as those listed above. If your unit is not turning on at all, you’ll likely need air conditioning repair for your Rome, NY home. An electrical control failure could be the problem, and that means your compressor and fan controls could be worn out. You will need a trained professional to take care of an electrical failure – call Fred F. Collis & Sons and we will help with your AC repair needs. Simply give us a call at 315-336-8350, and one of our friendly associates will be happy to assist you.