- Air Conditioning
- Indoor Air Quality
- Other Services
- Service Areas
January 9, 2015
The Department of Energy reports that most of the homes in the United States are heated with either furnaces or boilers. The chances are, you’re heating your Rome, NY home with a furnace. Your furnace works by heating the air and distributing it through your home via heat ducts – and that’s a must when you consider the frigid, below-zero winters we experience in this area. But, is your furnace keeping your home warm efficiently and effectively? If you and your family aren’t as comfortable as you’d like to be, your furnace might not be doing its job.
What are some of the ways you can tell you might need a new furnace in your Rome, NY home? Some are obvious, while others might be harder to spot. Below we’ve listed some of the ways you can tell that your furnace might need replacing.
- You never seem to feel warm enough. You crank up the heat, but it just doesn’t seem to make a difference. This is especially a warning sign if your home feels unevenly heated, or if your furnace is cycling on and off on a more frequent basis.
- Your energy bills are on the rise. If you’re using the furnace in your Rome, NY home on the same level as you were before, but you’re seeing a steady increase in your utility bills, it’s likely that your furnace isn’t doing the job you need it to be doing.
- When your furnace is running, you can’t hear yourself think. Furnaces that are excessively noisy, or produce rattling, buzzing or humming noises, may be good candidates for replacement.
- The furnace in your Rome, NY home is putting out more than warmth. If you’re noticing excessive dust, soot or rust particles in the air, this is a surefire sign of trouble. Likewise, if you see any visible signs of rust in or around your furnace, or if there are any cracks or corrosion, a replacement may be in order.
- Your repair bills are through the roof. If you’re making frequent repairs on your furnace system, and your current furnace is more than 15 years old, the chances are pretty good its best days are behind it, and a replacement is likely in order.
It might not seem like a great situation, but having to replace your furnace might be just what your Rome, NY home needs. Today’s furnace models have efficiencies of more than 98 percent – and that means that most of the heat stays right in your home, keeping your family warm and toasty while keeping your fuel bills down.
If the furnace in your Rome, NY home didn’t perform as well as you’d have liked last winter, or if you’re experiencing outrageous fuel bills, it’s likely time to give Fred F. Collis & Sons a call. Enjoy better comfort and lower utility bills in your Rome, NY area home when you choose us for the best furnace installation available. Just give us a call at 315-768-2323 and we’ll be happy to assist you with your furnace needs.