Count on Collis Today!
Free Estimates Available
Looking for an alternative to your aging furnace and central AC systems? High efficiency heat pump installation from Fred F. Collis & Sons can cure your HVAC woes by saving you money while delivering whole home comfort! Heat pump technology can be used in a number of ways allowing our team to customize the right HVAC solution for your home. Don’t be fooled by the name – heat pumps are for both heating AND cooling and will help to keep you comfortable no matter what the weather is like outside!
What Are Heat Pumps?
Air source heat pumps are all-electric heating and cooling systems. Similar to air conditioners, heat pumps don’t actually create heat—they move it from one place to another.
In the summer, heat pumps take the heat from the air in your home and send it outside, cooling you down. In the winter, the process is reversed; heat pumps absorb heat from ambient outdoor air (even very cold air) and transfer it inside to warm your house.
Because heat pumps have both heating and cooling settings, they offer a year-round alternative to traditional HVAC systems like furnaces, boilers, or A/Cs – all of which can be drains on your energy bill. Homeowners that make the jump to a heat pump will notice an immediate drop in their monthly energy usage, leaving more money in their pockets when it comes time to pay their utility bill.
Top Benefits of Heat Pumps
- Provides Cold & Hot Air
- Powered by Electricity
- Energy Efficient
- Ductless Options
- Minimal Maintenance
- Sleek and Slim Design
- Savings on Utility Bills
- Rebates and Incentives Available
Let Fred F. Collis & Sons Help You Find the Right Heat Pump for Your Home
If you’re looking to upgrade to a heat pump, but already have an HVAC duct system in your home, a ducted heat pump may be exactly what you are looking for. A ducted pump connects directly to your ductwork and delivers conditioned air out of the existing vent registers. This allows your pump to more evenly distribute air throughout your home, even rooms far from the initial entry point!
On the other hand, if you have unreliable or nonexistent ductwork, or are looking to supplement your existing system and target specific rooms/areas of your home, ductless mini splits are installed right where you need heating and cooling relief the most. Split unit HVAC systems like mini-splits are great candidates for:
- “That one room” or part of your house that’s always too hot or too cold
- Bonus rooms, additions, or garages without duct access
- Families looking to create comfort “zones” in their home with different temperature levels
- Homes without viable ductwork
- Individuals seeking a greener, more efficient means of heating and cooling their home
We are a Mitsubishi Diamond Dealer and a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer, so you can feel confident that the mini-splits installed in your home will not only be top of the line HVAC systems and the best mini-split heat pumps for the cold weather in Upstate New York (they’ll continue pumping out heat even in temperatures as low as -17°F!), but they’ll also be installed and maintained by trained heat pump experts.
You Benefit When You Upgrade with Fred F. Collis & Sons
When you Count on Collis, you can significantly lower the cost of your ducted heat pump or ductless mini-split installation with available HVAC rebates and incentives. You can rest assured that our team will help you identify which you qualify for and walk you through each step along the way to ensure you receive the greatest possible savings. For example, you may qualify to receive:
- Customers of major utility companies, such as National Grid, NYSEG or RG&E, can receive $1,000 off per 10,000 BTUs* of energy saved through the installation of the heat pump system. Note: Municipalities, unfortunately, do not participate in this program.
- Income-qualified individuals may even receive 50% off, up to $5,000 off the cost of a new heat pump system.
- For individuals that can also provide a current HEAP approval letter, they can receive an additional $3,000 off per 10,000 BTUS in energy savings. In some cases, this can cover up to 100% of the cost of a new heat pump system.
- Utica residents may be eligible for additional incentives up to $10,000, but funds are extremely limited so this program will not last long.
*BTU (British Thermal Unit) is a unit of heat