Winters in our area can be extremely harsh. We have our share of below-freezing days, and we get plenty of icy, snowy days. That means that the heating systems in our homes are often called upon to work harder than they might in other places. If you have an older system, it’s worked through tough winters for years and years. And, like any other equipment that works hard, it’s inevitable that sooner or later it will need some repairs.
Of course, if your furnace is more than 10 years old, and has needed frequent heating repairs, it may be time to consider a replacement. How do you know if your furnace is in trouble? According to Angie’s List, there are a few tell-tale signs that you could be in for a heating repair in your Utica, NY home.
Here’s how to know if you might need heating repairs:
- Your furnace is running all the time. If your heating system seems to be running constantly, then there could be problems the furnace itself or with your thermostat. The good news is, your furnace may only need some maintenance from your HVAC technician to get running properly again.
- Your furnace is not emitting any heat. When the furnace is running but isn’t producing any heat, it’s definitely time to call for heating repair for your Utica, NY home.
- Your furnace emits an odor. Is there a burning smell produced when your oil furnace is operating? Shut it off and call for repairs right away. Do you notice a gas odor? Leave your home right away and call the fire department.
- Your carbon monoxide detector sounds. Again, this is one of those situations where you need to get out of the house. Before leaving, shut down all gas appliances, evacuate people and pets, and open windows. Then call an HVAC professional in to test your appliance.
- Your furnace is noisy. Squealing, screeching, banging and grinding. If your furnace sounds like the soundtrack to a horror film, you probably need heating repair in your Utica, NY home. You could need motor repairs or replacement.
- Your energy bills are through the roof. Of course, running any appliance like a furnace, boiler or air conditioner results in higher utility bills. But, if you’ve noticed your utility bills on the rise, while your company has not increased prices, then you probably want to get your system checked out.
Fred F. Collis & Sons can help you get the heating repairs you need.
Of course, choosing an HVAC company that provides expert services and high-quality products is just as important as getting the heating repair you need for your Utica, NY home. That’s where Fred F. Collis & Sons comes in. We offer professional service and feature Carrier® heating products for your home. In fact, we are a Carrier Authorized Dealer, so you know the equipment and installation you’re receiving from us is the best quality available. We’re pleased to offer heating repair, maintenance and installation, so no matter what your need, we can help. What’s more, you can count on us for premium grade fuel delivery as well.
When you need heating repair services for your Utica, NY home, trust Fred F. Collis & Sons to meet your needs. Call us today at 315-897-5348, contact us online, or visit our showroom at 5092 Commercial Drive in Yorkville, N.Y.